The Counterpoint

December 01, 2004

Farewell, Mr. Brokaw

Tonight was Tom Brokaw's last night as anchor of NBC Nightly News. Granted that I am not fond of the liberal leanings of the three major television networks, but this is still a man that I grew up watching; hell, every one of the "big three" (Jennings, Rather, and Brokaw) have been in their respective chairs since the same year I was born (1983) or earlier. After March, Jennings will be the only one of those three left.

So, despite the fact that we certainly disagree on quite a few things, I am going to miss seeing Brokaw's ugly mug on television each night.

(Plus, his weird voice makes me crack up every time I hear it. That might be the thing I'll miss most about his departure.)

... I probably won't miss Rather quite as much...

Update: PunditGuy was impressed by Brokaw's good-bye:

My alliance with Jarvis notwithstanding, tonight's farewell by Tom Brokaw was excellent. No schmaltzy crap, just a genuine thoughtful goodbye. I hope Black Rock Dan watched and took notes.
Couldn't agree more. PunditGuy also has a video up for those of you that missed it; I suggest checking it out. (Hat tip: Wizbang)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home