The Counterpoint

October 17, 2004

A reading bet

The players: Krystle and I.

The terms: If I, a notoriously slow reader, can finish Plan of Attack (not including the prologue or epilogue) before Election Day (15 days as of this post), then Krystle, my girlfriend who reads only romance novels, will read a book out of my collection, of my choosing. If she can finish that book in an agreeable timeframe, then I will, in turn, read one of her romance novels.

Uh oh. Can I maybe just plunge a fork into my eyes instead?

Wish me luck.

Update: After some discussion, there has been an amendment to the bet. Since she is certain I will cheat and purposely not finish the book on time in order to avoid certain torture, we made the following agreement:

If I don't finish the book by Election Day, I automatically have to read the romance novel she selects. (Gulp.) If I can finish that book in an agreeable timeframe, then she will have to read one of my books.

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2004 at 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You're going down sucka!" -- Rob Schneider in Big Daddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home